Parent/ Athlete Information
1. How High School Sports are Organized - hierarchical_structure_high_school_sports.pdf
2. "NEW" NCAA ELIGIBILITY STANDARDS - NCAA Eligibility Center.pdf(9/2012)
a. What are the NEW Rules - 2016-2019 DI DII Rules Summary
b. New Division I Rules - Power Point - http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_center/Important_New_Rules/High_School_IE_Standards.pdf (9/2012)
c. Quick Reference Sheet - NCAA_Class_of_2016_Standards_CCGPA_July_2013.pdf(7/2013)
d. The NEW minimum core-course GPA requirement for Division I initial eligibility is 2.3 GPA (9/2012) - http://2point3.ncaa.org/
To play Division I sports, you need to qualify academically. To meet the minimum requirements for Division I student-athletes enrolling in college in August 2016 or later you must: 2016 DI New Academic Requirements
- Graduate from high school
- Complete 16 Core Courses, including 10 before your seventh semester
- Earn a minimum 2.300 Grade-Point Average in core courses to compete in your first year of college
- Earn a combined SAT or ACT score that matches your core-course GPA on a sliding scale. For example an 860 SAT score needs a 2.400 GPA for practice and aid and a 2.85 GPA for competition.
- eKnowledge SAT/ACT Prep - The eKnowledge program gives students a wonderful discount on SAT and ACT college test preparation programs. Click on the links below for information about the program along with contact information if you have any questions. (5/2015)
3. NCAA Eligibility Center: http://web1.ncaa.org/ECWR2/NCAA_EMS/NCAA.jsp (9/2012)
a. What is the NCAA Eligibility Center (2012 Parent Packet) - 2012 NCAA_Parent_Outreach_Packet.pdf(9/2012)
b. The NCAA Clearinghouse New Name is the NCAA Eligibility Center
c. The NCAA Eligibility Center Code for all SAT/ACT tests applications is 9999
d. Student-athletes are required to request that their high school send their transcripts to the NCAA Clearinghouse
e. Students must complete the official "Transcript Release Form" and have it on file for the high school to release records to the NCAA. (Without this form, high schools cannot lend information to the NCAA Eligibility Center)
f. It is recommended to sign-up for the NCAA Eligibility beginning of sophomore year in high school
g. NCAA Eligibility Center - High School Portal - https://web1.ncaa.org/hsportal/exec/hsAction
h. NCAA Eligibility Center - Newsletter - http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/mwc/graphics/pdfs/compliance/030312-mar-elig-center-update.pdf
4. NCAA Eligibility Center Launches New Website for High School Students http://t.co/JU6CT2wdJJ (5/2015)
5. Student Athlete Guidelines - All student-athletes are expected to maintain high standard of behavior as well as academic excellence.
a. All student-athletes must maintain a 2.0 GPA
b. All student-athletes must attend at least two (2) periods of school on the day(s) of a game.
c. All Cape Coral High School student-athletes are expected to display exemplary citizenship and behavior during all times on and off campus.
Core Course GPA